Facts about the Teddy Bear Brigade (TBB)
1. When was the TBB founded?
Rev. Ron Davidson and his wife Jackie started the Teddy Bear Brigade in 2001 as a ministry of Gleaning for the World.
2. What is the mission of the TBB?
The TBB exists to provide comfort and security to children in tough situations through the gift of a stuffed animal.
3. Where is the TBB located?
The Teddy Bear Brigade is based out of the main headquarters of Gleaning for the World in Concord, VA.
4. Where does the TBB work?
The TBB has provided stuffed animals to children in 14 different countries. These countries are primarily located in Central America, Africa and the Caribbean as well as the United States.
5. Do you need volunteers?
YES! The TBB is in constant need of volunteers to help sort and pack the thousands of stuffed animals that arrive at the GFTW warehouse every year. In addition we need volunteers to oversee stuffed animal drives/campaigns around the country. If you have a specific skill set that could benefit the growth of this ministry please contact us at 434-993-3600 or email@example.com.
6. How can I financially support the TBB?
7. How can I donate stuffed animals?
We have a simple 1-2-3 process to follow:
1. Supply new or gently-loved stuffed animals and pack in a bag or box. (no electronics please)
2. Select a bag or box and place stuffed animals inside along with your name and address. Include a minimum $5 donation. Checks should be made out to Gleaning for the World and directed for the Teddy Bear Brigade. Online donations can be made at teddybearbrigade.com.
3. Send your stuffed animal donation to the Teddy Bear Brigade at:
Teddy Bear Brigade
PO Box 645 or 7539 Stage Rd.
Concord, VA 24538
Donations can also be dropped off at the GFTW warehouse M-F from 8-5 or any other designated drop off location.
8. How does the TBB get stuffed animals to ship?
Through the generous donation of individuals, churches, schools and businesses that donate new or gently-loved stuffed animals. The TBB receives donations from all across the United States. In 2011 the TBB received donations from people in 21 different states.